Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wellness: Student Leaders

The focus of my attention concerning the Wellness Council will be the meetings rather than the cafeteria tastings precisely because I need the students to understand that council meetings can produce a product that relieves their problems and issues with the facility and their health.

My encompassing objectives for my next visit to the residential facility are to involve as many students in the wellness council process, meet with Pete to set up the date for the first cafeteria tasting and meeting of the Wellness Council, and to create a system for empowering students involved to be leaders in the council.

Because I want this effort to sustain itself beyond my initial leadership, I need a tactic for giving voice to the next generation of leaders within the ranks of students. The ultimate vision is to see students who care about their bodies and who see the need for leadership on the multitude of issues holding them back from their true potential.

Particulars: Leaders chairing meetings, advertising cafeteria tastings, research Nutritional Value of food being tasted, and research future cafeteria tasting foods.

The next step for me is to sit down with the administrators in charge of the students and make sure I have permission and logistical support for the first day of the cafeteria tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment