Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Agendas and Revelations

I have realized that every one of my activities need a worksheet to aid students in the processing of their own critical thinking. The productivity possible in a classroom employing critical activities and the materials students need for processing will surprise all observers and empower the students to new heights of thought.

"I follow leaders not followers. You must show yourself to be a leader to earn such a dynamic position in a team."

When the Shouts Die Down
When nutrition has fallen from the national agenda what will be left to challenge students? What work will remain? What will students be thinking about their food and bodies? The sustainability of my activities and it's messaging is extremely import to consider when thinking about the good my work is doing. I must understand that my words have a life within the students I work with. When the shouts of nutrition and health die down from the headlines and the money moves to another agenda item, what will live on in the minds of students? An empowered sense of care for their bodies or the convenience of fast food?

No comments:

Post a Comment