Monday, December 12, 2011

Transitions

As I move deeper into an unfamiliar social tradition: "dating". I feel less like myself. I know my intense political and educational mind resides below but nowadays it is buried beneath more and more nonsense. So, this entry is an attempt to address my insecurities and fears of this profound potential for inner change. I believe the fear stems from a belief that a change will inevitable make me less concerned with the work of the people and the cause of peace, and instead overly concerned with my "love interest" of that time. Rather than evade these romantic feelings due to their power to make me vulnerable, I need to engage with them and see how they can help my work with people. Experiment. Improvise.

Taking the time to appreciate how different and special this person is and how she does not threaten my person in the same way that anyone else can is critical to taking advantage of this change in my life. I will always have the same memories and I will always have the same reaction to potential work to be done (passion). At this point I need to focus on enjoying the moments when I think about her and how she can heighten my passion for life and equality. Do not grow rigid out of an over-dependence on a fear of vulnerability. Let vulnerability show me to the next phase in life even if that transition is painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment